dimanche 6 mars 2011

Marked deck

I have to admit generally I'm against any sort of gimmick or gaff. More precisely I don't perform props which include it.
Even if it's not fair I decide to not count the marked deck as a gimmicked deck.
Don't ask me why.
Maybe because it's invisible.
So I decide to do some research on the subject and besides the daub/juice which is more a gambler thing and works much more efficiently on Bee cards, every marking system use Bicycle, Bicycle, Bicycle...
The consequence is if I use any other playing cards' brand no one will ever doubt that it can be marked.
This was my 1st point.
Other thing I disagree with is all the Ted Lesley/Boris Wild. I don't think because the mark is physically written on the card you catch it faster than a symbol or any different marking system.
It's just easier to start with.
However for selling your deck this is the best way.
I quite like the STUD like I said before and take this brand as a support for my marking system.
Well I spend a bit of time on it and my idea to use a balance symbol on the back design and to unbalance it by erasing one line or two.
First I was writing on it with some pen but I didn't find it enough contrasting. I remembered when I was a kid I used to paint some warhammer (heroic fantasy figurine) and when you had finished painting one you add some black ink on it to give more contrast to it. How does it work? Ink doesn't color the surface but only the corner. I use the same principle for my marked deck.
I scratched a line and with a fountain pen I just touch it with the tip and the ink goes all along the scratch. Magic...

Of course you can use this for you but it's always better to create your own system (as a memorized deck?!)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire