lundi 25 avril 2011

I was quite busy recently in order to prepare my exam so I apologize for the delay.

This last month I've not spent much time on magic. I'm quite satisfied with my materials actually now and I prefer to master my stuff rather than exploring new landscapes. I have now a visual routine, a vietnam plot, an ACAAN and a variation of the trick which can not be explained. In fact I have other creation but I'm not working on it these days.
I've showed few tricks to a magic buddy who is used to perform in order to live and told me that it's definitely a bit complicated for laymen audience. Of course I'm enough objective to understand and accept his critics but I've thought there is a magic which is able to fit both magicians and laymen.

For instance lot of professional magician think ACAAN is definitely a brainstorming between magician and shouldn't be performed for laymen for simple reason they won't catch the complexity of the plot and will simply notice that you retrieve a card at a given position. Whereas I'm thinking it depends on the performance and how you introduce the plot. Because I like routine and not 30 seconds trick where you only watch performer's hand, ACAAN shouldn't be only a take/think of card ; give me a number between 1 and 52 ; take the deck and count to this position.
In my pattern I'm more likely to have a card selected ; ask the spectator to put it aside in his mind in order to come back to it later while I start on a new thing. I try then to wait in order to make the revelation more astonishing.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire