vendredi 29 juillet 2011

A concept I like quite much.

I was reading quickly the opus magazine vol 1 recently and have given some time to one trick about 2 selections and the presentation seems to be very good. I will up to date references later when I have the pdf under my hand.
The effect is in fact quite simple. A spectator choose 2 cards and put it back in the middle. By cutting the deck the 1st selection is produced in the center of the deck.This one is placed on the table face down. The magician turns the deck face up and while spreading cards he reveals a face down card. When he turns it over, it's not the 2nd selection but the 1st and on table the 2nd. So quite simple but here he introduced a very clever solution to dissociate the 2 selections in spectator's mind.
He asks first to remember the card then to forget it. Genius.
There is good quiproquo in this situation but awesome.
I've came up with a line I like in order to reveal the travel.
"What is the card I've asked you to remember?"
"...x of y" maybe applying here a bit of psychology in order to delay the answer or even better try the spectator to say the 1st selection's name?
"The strange thing here is because I've told you to forget the 1st one, you actually remember it much more than the 2nd one. This would explains why I have here still the 1 st selection."
"And because we didn't stress much on the second one, you're starting to forget it."

We come to a concept I call : brain hacking
I like it but I think the majority of you will think the opposite.
More an effect is simpler the better it is.
But I take the opposite here and want to drown the audience with effect and when the trick is over they don't catch everything but are convinced that it was awesome.
Of course the day after they will just say :
"Yesterday, I saw a magician he did an amazing thing"
"What did he do?"
"Hum, with cards but it's hard to explain. But believe me it was awesome."
Is this last sentence disturbing anyone?
Does the audience need to recall the whole trick or the fun he had is what it's most important no matter you're achieving to get it?
I think before wondering if it's a good signature trick or whatever. We need to focus on audience feeling.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire